Friday, April 5, 2013

Men and Women are different...no way!?

Roy and I are Dave Ramsey people. Ok, ok, we are obsessed. We have been working out TAILS off and living like we are broke for the last 2 1/2 years trying to pay off all of our debt. thats another blog for another time, but we are SO close i can almost taste it.

      With living like no one else (aka broke) to having a baby and gaining 85...yes you read that right 85 lbs, to not having a regular hairdresser i have been in what is best described as a FUNK for the last year.
 
            The first half of pregnancy I felt so glamorous, so womanly and SO pretty. I had brand new maternity clothes from only the best store, i had the wonderful glow, my hair was long and thick and everywhere i went people ooed and ahhed over me and my new beautiful belly. Then around this time last year, the feet started swelling, the butt started growing, poeple started asking me how many babies i had in there. I had 4 inch roots and those beautiful maternity clothes that i once loved started to tear and fade and had many grease stains from 10-to-many fish filets. I was READY to be done. I was just certain that any day I would have this baby and the breastfeeding which of course i was going to be a natural at would help me loose my weight instantly, I would get my highlights touched up, and be able to shop at the cute stors in the mall again. I would be this BEAUTIFUL mother.

     REALITY! The baby was born, and although she was beautiful she came with a lovely thing called cholic. Now to add to the weight that didnt seem to go away like i thought it would and the faded clothes that i still had to wear i had big black bags under my eyes from no sleep, my 4 inch roots were now 6 inch roots because she was such a hard newborn i couldnt imagine asking one of my friends to watch her let alone take her into a salon where poeple are trying to relax and pamper themselves!

     2 weeks after she was born i took her to mops. i barely even fit into maternity clothes, but got up extra early, slapped some makeup on (extra under the eyes) and dragged myself into the meeting and sat down with 5 or 6 of the most beautiful, put together moms i have ever met. i wanted to crawl inside a hole. i thought "i will NEVER live up to them!" (i couldnt even remember if i had brushed my teeth and here sabrina is passing out "hand cream")

     Then the reflux hit. you all think you know a baby with reflux...you dont KNOW reflux until you have met Kensington Grace! NOW on top of all the above i wore a nice puddle or 5 of puke everywhere i went!

     Here we are 7 1/2 months later. I have been doing weight watchers and have been doing fairly well on it but I kept putting off buying myself nice new clothes and "treating myself" until i get all the weight off! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

    My sister janice works at an optical part and has been telling me to come in and get a pair of sunglasses for quite some time now. I went through a thousand excuses! maybe when the car is paid off....maybe as a treat to myself when i loose my weight....there is no way i can justify buying myself expensive sunglasses...thats my whole allowance for the month  ...blah blah blah. Thursday was her birthday and we went to lunch. She once again reminded  me that when i drop her back off at work we should go and look at glasses. So just to be polite i did......and there they were.

    The most beautiful, most perfect, most shiny and blue TIFFANY AND CO AVIATOR SUNGLASSES i have EVER seen!!!!! I knew i shouldnt try them on...just keep walking...but HOW CAN I NOT!?!?!?! i try them on...look in the mirror, and for just a split second in time, i didnt notice the chipotle i spilled on myself while trying to entertain the baby at lunch, i didnt notice my 4 inch roots, i didnt notice the bags under my eyes, i didnt feel like a MOM...i felt like ME...and I...FELT...PRETTY!

     I looked at the price tag $340. THERE WAS NO WAY! So i set them down and tried others on. I kept going back to them. I get a family discount so i asked her...ok how much would my discount be? She pulled out a calculator and did the math and i was SHOCKED. (i wont tell you all because you will be WAY to jealous! i didnt think for one more second i GRABBED MY WALLET! 20 mins later i was driving in my car with those glasses on and the beautiful Robin Egg Blue bag sitting in my passenger seat! I called Roy right away to tell him about my GREAT DEAL!!!! Lets just say he wasnt exactly excited about my purchase.

    The next 2 days i argued in my head back and forth on if i should return them, if it was a good deal or not and fought with my buyers remorse. ALthough i didnt go out of budget it WAS pretty much my whole allowance for the month...but i loved them so much!

   Toniht we were at lowes...we went for a garden hose. I have been working extra lately and though i would treat Roy to some things that he has been  wanting. Just basic starter stuff for a homeowner. I have him $100 and told him to get whatever he needs and he filled our cart with a hose, and a cool hose sprayer, a broom, a shovel, and an extention cord. HE WAS THRILLED. I thought it was kinda silly but he got so much excitment about the silly tools just like he thought my sunglasses were silly.

   well folks..MEN AND WOMEN ARE DIFFERENT. my buyers remorse was GONE. Even if it took a silly purchase to make me feel pretty for just a moment, and it took some garden tools for Roy to feel like our hard work is paying off and his extra hours at his new job are worth it then GREAT! We all need little pick me ups sometime. Im not saying go crazy on your budgets, but maybe think of that silly little thing you said no to and see if maybe you could squeeze it into next months budget. :-) YOU deserve feeling pretty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment